- Depletion of pathogenic Teff, Teff precursors and TEMRA cells: Anti-CD45RC Abs suppresses the acute immune response by causing the death of harmful CD45RC+ T cells driving (severe) disease in patients.
- Activation of Tregs: by eliminating Teff, anti-CD45RC Abs preserves and allows activation and expansion of Tregs, controlling immune responses in the long term. This action ensures lasting therapeutic efficacy (’tolerance’).
- Depletion of pathogenic B cells: Anti-CD45RC Abs incudes B cell death, controlling the production of harmful auto-antibodies that contribute to tissue destruction.
- Preservation of Tmem and Bmem: Anti-CD45RC Abs preserves overall immunity against external pathogens, avoiding risk of superinfection in treated patients.
AbolerIS Pharma aims to develop molecules that regulate immune responses with high selectivity and potency.
By delicately rebalancing the immune system, this program offers new hope for effectively managing autoimmune conditions, preventing unnecessary damage, and promoting harmony within the body. It addresses a pressing need for many Rheumatoid Arthritis patients who have not responded well to current standard treatments such as anti-TNFs. As new and innovative treatments, like this one, emerge, they become crucial potential alternatives, offering the possibility of better outcomes and an improved quality of life.
- Significant number of patients with autoimmune & inflammatory disorders are not responding to current treatment options
- Teff/Treg cell – Ratio dysregulation and auto-antibodies are the underlying cause in most autoimmune and inflammatory Diseases
- None of the current treatment strategies selectively depletes Teff cells and/or rebalances Teff/Treg ratio, and depletes B-cells using one therapeutic
- Need for novel treatment strategies inducing immune tolerance while avoiding generalized immunosuppression
AbolerIS’ Innovative Solution
- Modify the course of the disease
- Prevention of sequelae & organ failure
- Increase life-expectancy
- Induce long-term remission
- Duration of drug-free remission ↑
- Discontinuation of drugs
- Address refractory disease
- Multiple drugs ↓
- Sequential drugs ↓
- Prevention of complications
Mechanism of Action
Potential Clinical Indications
Grants & Awards
AbolerIS Pharma is a beneficiary of the REACT-EU program. We has received almost €1.5 million in support for the CMC and preclinical program of its lead compound ABIS-45RC, an anti-CD45RC monoclonal antibody, for the period October 2021 to March 2023.
Prize Jean Valade
Carole Guillonneau, CNRS research director at the Center for Research in Transplantation and Immunology (Nantes), winner of the Junior Prize of the Jean Valade Foundation for her project on autoimmune diseases.
Prize Fondation Grand Ouest
Trophés Valorisation Recherche Publique
On 30 November 2021, Carole Guillonneau received, on behalf of her entire research team, the Nantes Innovation Campus “TrophésValorisation” award presented by Franck Grimaud, Chairman of Atlanpole Biothérapie and CEO of Valneva.
23e édition du concours d’innovation i-Lab
Prize Albert Sezary from the National Academy of Medicine
Carole Guillonneau, Ph.D., director of research CNRS and cofounder of AbolerIS Pharma, has received the 2020 Albert Sezary Prize from the National Academy of Science. Dr. Guillonneau was honored for her work in the field of tolerance and her leadership role in the development of new immunotherapy to the clinic performed at the Center of Research in Transplantation and Immunology (CRTI) in France.
20th laureate from Beatrice Denys Foundation
Carole Guillonneau and Ignacio Anegon, in collaboration with Arnaud Guerin project leader/CEO of AbolerIS Pharma, obtained funding of €80k from the Béatrice Denys Foundation, as part of ofthe project to create the company AbolerIS Pharma.